So Google launched its new and smarter virtual assistant, Google Assistant on Allo app, Google Home, and Google Pixel smartphone. Let’s know what has made it better and smarter than Google Now.
Here are some basic things the assistant can do:
- Ask it to open apps
- Ask it to set timers, alarms, calendar events
- Ask it to check your agenda for today
- Ask it to call someone or send a message
- Ask for a weather forecast
- Ask it a Math question
- Ask for navigation
And it can do some advanced things too, which might set it apart from Google now, for example:
- Is McDonald’s open right now?
- What time is it Moscow?
- Show me my photos of horses from yesterday’s trip
- Create list in Keep / add to list
- Set reminders for specific locations
What we call “advanced” are the ones that would usually require the bot to do a search of something specific, then go through the results and find the information that matters to you.
Google’s Assistant does do one thing great and that’s “conversational” queries. The ones where you can talk to it as if it was more a human being than an AI and expect it to be capable of keeping track of your conversation. So can expect contextual replies and information from it.
• Google has also opened up Assistant to 3rd party developers, who will be able to integrate it into their products and services. These include:
So you can just try it on your phone by Allo app, and see yourself how good it is.
Like this article? Then why not share it with your friends, just use the sharing buttons below. And don’t forget to give your views in comments.
Keep visiting, Get Techy.